I know we all love that Chinese American flavor and this salmon brings the fantasy to life. I have never worked with maple syrup except for on pancakes however this dish proved very enjoyable. Adding fresh ginger is a must for me.
Time: 20 minutes
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
2 Tsp of Soy Sauce
2 cloves of Minced Garlic
1/4 tsp of Garlic Salt
1/8 tsp of freshly ground black pepper
1 tsp Ginger (optional)
Chives (optional topping)
Sesame Seeds (Optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 425 on broil setting.
2. Rinse the salmon filet (scrap scales and score if skin is on) and pat dry.
3. Mix together all ingredients and dress the salmon with the mixture.
4. Place on a large piece of foil. (With skin side up and season with salt and pepper)
5. Pull the foil up and around the salmon (leave the top open ajar to allow the skin to crisp)
6. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
A few tips…
• Adding about a tsp of fresh grated ginger to this recipe was a way to elevate this dish.
• You can marinade this salmon but making extra marinade with out the raw garlic to top will really bring out the flavors of this dish like you want or reducing the marinade at a low temp would make an amazing sauce. If you choose to reduce the marinade you can still include the garlic.