It is nothing like a premium fish with lemon, don’t argue. This lemon garlic salmon is a hit amongst the young and old. This recipe includes my two favorite flavors which will always remain staples in my kitchen. Simple and easy to execute even for the novice. I personally like my salmon with skin, the flavor is outstanding as well the skin absorbs the marinade. Salmon I find is difficult to infuse with flavor.
Time: 20 minutes
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 cloves of Garlic Minced
The Juice of Half a Lemon
Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 on broil setting.
2. Rinse the Salmon Filet (scrap scales and score if skin is on) and pat dry.
3. Mix together all ingredients and dress the salmon with the mixture.
3. Place on a large piece of foil. (With skin turn skin side up and season with salt and pepper)
4. Slice a lemon and place them on top.
5. Pull the foil up and around the salmon (leave the top open ajar to allow the skin to crisp)
6. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes until salmon is cooked through.
A few tips….
• I like to marinade my salmon for about 30 minutes before.
• Fixing your marinade the day before allows for the garlic to infuse into the oil.
• Add a little of the marinade in the scores of the salmon.
• Watch over you salmon because it is on broil. I use a full salmon filet with the skin on.
• Squeeze a little lemon on top fresh out of the oven.