I love this simple and quick recipe. It has become one of the kids favorites saying, “Mommy can we have plain noodles. But these noodles are anything but plain with pepper and cheese exploding with flavor in your mouth. If you do not know by now I love garlic so it was easy for me to add that to the recipe as well as a little parsley garnish.
Time: 15 minutes
1lb. Pasta ( I prefer Vermicelli or Angel Hair)
2 cups of Pasta water
Fresh Cracked Pepper
1. Bring water to a boil in a large pot over high heat, add salt & extra virgin olive oil.
2. Cook pasta according to directions (al dente) or your liking.
3. Drain pasta, saving pasta water.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat then add 2 tablespoons black pepper, salt, and garlic (optional) until fragrant.
5. Stir in 1 cup of the pasta water then the pasta.
6. Pull the pot off the heat and add the Romano and Parmigiano, stirring and tossing until melted and the sauce becomes creamy.
A few tips…
• If the mixture becomes dry, clumpy or stuck together add more pasta water. Keep Pasta water for reheating.
• Serve immediately, topping with more Romano, black pepper, and parsley (optional).