I enjoyed this recipe and the kids as well. I served this with a side of garlic butter noodles and lemon garlic roasted cabbage wedges. You can really make this dish your own. And you can be creative with your side dishes, like a orzo, salad, or potatoes. The first time I did this recipe I followed it exactly. However, here are a few tips.
A Few Tips:
- Season your vegetables w/ salt & pepper or as you see fit.
- I used the mozzarella lightly and as a melting cheese and topped with feta after it comes out of the oven.
- I sliced the onion and lemon in rounds to be placed on top of the chicken instead of between slits.
- I also I say if you have a really good Greek seasoning like ‘Zoe’s Kitchen’ Spice of Life Seasoning. Then add it to your olive oil and some chopped capers if you would like a briny taste.
I think that is it, I hope you all enjoy this simple chicken dish. I hope the kids like it too.
– Chicken breasts: 4 boneless skinless
– Dill: 1 tbsp
– Garlic: 2 cloves
– 2 Lemons
– Parsley: 1 tbsp
– 1/2 Red onion
– 2 Tomatoes
– 1 Zucchini
– Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
– Black pepper
– Kosher salt
– Extra-virgin olive oil 3 Tbsp
– Feta 1 cup
– Mozzarella 1 cup
1. Preheat oven to 400º.
2. Chop zucchini, tomato, red onion, and lemons.
3. Clean chicken & Make slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely. (It is okay if you do)
4. Combine olive oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, and garlic. Drizzle this mix over chicken breasts (make sure the mixture gets in the slits)
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Stuff slits with zucchini, tomatoes, red onion, and lemons.
7. Sprinkle crumbled feta and mozzarella on top.
8. Bake chicken about 25 minutes. (Varies upon size of chicken)