When I look for recipes I am looking for few ingredients, quick prep, and over all simplicity. I like recipes that are up for interpretation which is probably why baking is not up my ally because of its need for exactness. I find majority of my recipes on Pinterest, it is the hub for all my homemaker needs. This here is called chicken crack casserole, just minus the crack why don’t you. It is a winner and absolutely delicious with the toasted butter crackers on top. I add extra the kids delight in a thick crust. You can even get real creative if you would like. Try a few things and build your own signature chicken casserole, this is a good base. I removed the bacon and add cauliflower rice or broccoli. It also has everything I already keep in my stockpile. Enjoy the recipe, have fun with it, add to the base or savor as it is. Everyone needs a chicken casserole in their repertoire, what is better than creating your own.
|Cook Time: 30 mins|
– 4 cups cooked chopped chicken
– 1 package Original Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
– 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
– 1 cup chopped cooked bacon
– 1 1/2 cups sour cream
– 1 can cream of chicken soup
– 1 1/2 cups crushed Ritz crackers
– 1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray baking dish with cooking spray(not necessary).
2. Combine chicken, ranch seasoning, cheese, bacon, sour cream, and soup.
3. Combine crushed crackers and butter, sprinkle over chicken mixture.
4. Bake uncovered 30 to 40 minutes.